Parliament, Wednesday 07 December 2016 - Members of the media are invited by Parliament's Presiding Officers to attend the Joint Farewell Function for the four (4) outgoing former Heads of Chapter Nine (9) Institutions.
The four Heads of Chapter 9 Institutions will be honoured by the Presiding Officers on 8 December 2016 for their service to ensuring that our democracy is enhanced and deepened.
The former Heads to be celebrated are:
1. Bongani Khumalo - Former Chairperson of the Financial and Fiscal Commission (FFC).
2. Adv. Mabedle Lawrence Mushwana - Former Chairperson of the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC).
3. Adv. Thuli Madonsela - Former South African Public Protector.
4. Mr. Mfanozelwe Shozi - The outgoing Chairperson of the Commission for Gender Equality (CGE), whose term of office ends on the 31st January 2017.
Details of the Joint Farewell Function are as follows:
DATE: Thursday, 8 December 2016
TIME: 10h00 - 12h00 (Lunch will be served from 12h00 - 14h00)
VENUE: Old Assembly Dining Room, Parliament
Members of the media who wish to cover the event should RSVP to the following officials:
- Nolizwi Magwagwa on 021 403 2465 / 081 716 5824 or email@example.com
- Manelisi Ntsodo on 021 403 8494 / 081 716 2021 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ISSUED BY PARLIAMENTARY COMMUNICATION SERVICES